Sometimes, I get so caught up in my daily life that the one thing that I should value the most gets the most abuse.
That’s why today I want to spend a moment to thank my body for everything that it does for me…
1) Thank you for never giving up on me even when I don’t nourish you properly or give you enough sleep. You’ve been through a lot, I’m glad you’re still hanging in there.
2) Thank you for breathing, walking, talking, smiling, laughing everyday. I may not always remember to look beyond my imperfections, but it’s those little feats that truly make you amazing.
3) Thank you for being able to run 8 miles, bike 40 miles, rope climb and kick-box. You’re bad ass and you know it.
4) Thank you for every emotion that you allow me to feel. I can’t always explain it but thank you for those random bursts of happiness – they are simply awesome (and always somehow seem to come out in crazy facial expressions).
5) Thank you for also letting me feel emotional pain. Depression, anger and anxiety aren’t ever fun, but you remind me to dig deep and toughen up. You always seem to possess the strength that I need to survive.
5) Most of all, thank you for just being you – yes, extra jiggle and all – because in any other body, I wouldn’t be me. You were the body given to me and despite the things I wish I could change, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Thank you body for being mine.